Wednesday, November 2, 2011

One Step Closer

It's November! :)
Funny how I always find time and topics to write on during my finals. (Anything to not study!)

This Ranveer Singh has that elusive thing we call the X factor. He's such a natural. So charismatic, so much at ease in front of the camera. Next big superstar (read SRK) in the making- I think so!
Really hoping that Ladies vs. Ricky Bahl, his next movie, is not a rip off of John Tucker Must Die or a new version of Bunty Aur Babli because that would just be such a disappointment.

Also, considering how its November 2nd today, I have to say this-
People say he is arrogant. I agree.
But I think he has a right to be. This superstar, (the one who is more popular than Tom Cruise) came from nowhere, or to be more precise from Rajendra Nagar, Delhi and he's managed to win a billion hearts, including mine. I love how he can laugh at himself and say that he'll do anything- dance at weddings even, for money. I love how he says that everything he tries to do today, he tries to do it in a big way, so his parents can see it from heaven. And I love that famous patented dance step, the one that always makes me smile- arms outstretched, legs apart, knee slightly bent, waiting for the girl of his dreams to just stay in his arms. And more than anything else, I can't help but die just a little bit when he says, "Haan, ek baat aur- aapki halwai ki dukaan toh mein hadap kar hi rahoonga"
Also, Ra.One in 5 days collected 170 crores. To which all I can say is, "I told you so."
Happy Birthday SRK! Just hurry up and make a few dozen more movies so I can fall for you all over again. Till then I shall settle for reruns of DDLJ, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Kabhie Khushi Kabhie Gham, Main Hoon Na, Om Shanti Om and of course Kal Ho Na Ho.

"I had to find you, tell you I need you, tell you I've set you apart"
              -The Scientist, Coldplay

This song, and these lines in particular, I don't know what it is, but it's not something I can ever let go of. Which is strange because it's such a simple thought. So simple, yet so spectacular.

I wish I could write something this powerful in TUCS instead of obsessing over chapter titles as usual. The current obsession is 'One Step Closer' and for the life of me I cannot decide what should happen in a chapter with this title. THIS, by the way, is the precise reason why I think I'll never finish TUCS- because I get too distracted and too involved in the most inane things. WHO designs a chapter around a title?

Anyway, listening to this song got me thinking (again) about love (again!) and life (Why am I not surprised?)
If only every one of us remembered that, wouldn't everything be okay? Wouldn't we always want to make things okay? Wouldn't we then just push away insecurity and all those doubts that creep up, and just go and do something to make it all okay?

What it also got me thinking about is that in a world where the only constant is change, why, why are there some people who never do change?
Is it naive, or wrong to hope that they will? To hope that relationships will mend, that they will heal with time?
Time after all they say is the best healer. (Of course I think it's all in the mind, and it is the mind that just changes the channel and makes you forget- thereby healing you, but alright I'll let time take credit this one time.)
And after you've tried everything, do you try some more or just give up?
So my question is, when do you give up? Just when and how do you know that it's time?

No comments:

Post a Comment