Monday, October 10, 2011

Indispensable Much?

If there's anything that I've learnt (and remembered) this year is that you have to fight for happiness.
Yes, I regularly realise that 'time is flying' (It's October already- Where did this year go?! I'm 20- How did that happen?) and I very conveniently forget it too. Too easily for my liking, but then again I'm known for forgetting things. Too often.
I also often am told that these years will never come back and it's a constant struggle after this (more so if you want to work in an ad agency or write) and you'll be at the bottom of the food chain for what feels like forever- but I still can't make myself look forward to a Monday morning. No matter what, I just simply can't. And that is so ridiculous, because the worst thing that a  usual Monday can bring right now is 6 hours of college.
But anyway, coming back to the whole fighting for happiness-
I don't know why I thought that would be so difficult.
(Dear God, Fate, Murphy and everyone else out there- kindly don't remind me how difficult it is. I'm just appreciating how easy you guys are making my life and no, I do not need a reminder!)
I had this notion, this foolish idea in my head that I could only be happy if I had everything I wanted in precisely the way I wanted it.
But as the days do go by, I'm realising that you really don't need so much to be content. Because there will always be something else, around the next corner- the next link that will make you happy.
Just some small random thing- that will just some how make your day.
That will make you forget, and that will make you stronger.
Which is brilliant.
Except I can't help wondering if it makes everyone and everything dispensable?
If it makes our struggle, and our pain, and our 'NOW' so futile..
(I should stop thinking, I know)


No comments:

Post a Comment