These are some questions that hound me all the time. So i'm voicing them out here, in the jaded hope that i might just get some answers even though they may seem a bit too intimate-
1) What matters more- Physical compatibility or intellectual? Would you rather be with a guy who turns you on intellectually, who can tease you with his words, but there may be no sparks. Or would you be with a guy who you can get it hot and heavy with, but you really cant talk to. 'Cause irrespective of how much u try to convince yourself otherwise, the physical chemistry does matter. A lot.
2) This is strictly with regard to the people i know, and not on a global level- Divorce rates in love marriages are more than the ones in arranged marriages. Why? Is it because we're- incapable of choosing the right person or blinded by what we think is love or not willing to adapt and adjust.
3) Would you sleep with a guy before getting hitched to him? Obviously physical compatibility is important, so would u, if you thought he was the one? Also, what if you guys sleep together and-
a) It's fantastic, but you break up
b) It's pretty bad, but you think he's the one.
Worse still, if you decide not to do it before and you guys do end up being married and its awful, then what?
4) I was in a very consuming relationship, and i was totally emotionally involved. In a matter of less than two months, i was completley over it, and crushing on someone else. Yeah.
It shocks me. I wonder if i'll ever be able to settle down with one guy, if i can get over them so easily. Though i suppose i should be thankful for it. My point being that i think i need so much from a guy, that i dont think that one guy will have it all. Honestly.
5) According to Hindu mythology, God is supposed to take birth on earth and free us from all evil.
What if, God took birth and no one noticed? Or cared? What if God failed? What if we were all so immersed in ourselves, in corruption, and terror that we failed to see what God wants us to see?
Also, God is supposed to rest in each one of us. So haven't we all killed the God in us, by doing something or the other? I believe that some force exists, there is someone who controls the bigger picture. So while i may not believe in religion, i do believe in the presence of someone else. So how is that someone letting all that is happening, happen? Are we going to spend our lives 'Waiting for Godot?'
6) Most Indian men (or is it just men all over the world) are hypocrites. They all want progressive young women, who wear the western clothes, dance in pubs, and of course sleep with them. But the minute you want to settle down, they want you to stay at home, and not work, and more importantly sacrifice your wants, to make their "dreams" come true. Somehow i really dont get that, and i'm not a big fan of it either.
7) Why do serials, and movies, and stupid chick-lits have such a catastrophic effect on girls, even when we know better than to dream? Why do we love the happily-ever-afters when we very well know that reality is nothing like it? Are we sadistic or stupid?
8) Why do all girls believe in the boy turning sensible, after he's done something really stupid, even when we know that most boys are incapable of understanding us? When something goes wrong, why do we support our BFFs and tell them that 'Dont worry he'll turn around'. or 'He'll finally realise that he misses you' or ' No he's not a jerk. He must be having a genuine reason', when most guys at this age are jerks? Not only are we stupid, we are also crazy enough to defend that useless Romeo who is no good for our best friend, till we go blue in the face.